Hope you’re doing well.
So if you’ve seen the last post where my friend sent me a gift bag or goodie bag of makeup and makeup related goodies. One of the things that she sent is Maybelline’s The Nudes palette. I have gone multiple times to the store and looked at this palette and did not buy it. Needless to say I was more than surprised and pleased to see this in the bag.
This look that I did is inspired from grunge looks. It’s not too grungy but a little bit. I like neutrals (like everyone else), I also thought that neutrals are the most easy to carry off for beginners like me and this palette contains the perfect neutral shades. Another inspiration for this look was that I bought these large hoop earrings awhile back after watching Zoe and Joe Sugg’s Rewind calendar shoot and I really wanted to wear hoops too. I haven’t the courage to pull them off outside my house except for a couple of times. I really love them though. The choker was also bought at the same time and similarly I haven’t found the courage to wear them outside, so I wear them inside and take pleasure in looking at myself wearing them. Although these accessories were bought long time back this is the kind of look that I had in mind when I thought of wearing them.
So let’s get to the look itself. These are the products that I used.
From the top
Primer- I do not know what it is called (sorry)
Foundation- Rimmel Lasting Finish in the shade 400 Natural beige
Lip stick- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Earrings and Choker- roadside shop
Ring- My friend’s
Palette- Maybelline The Nudes
This is the order in which I used these shades to get the look.
- Base shadow- all over the lid. Just to make the other colours stand out a bit more for my skin tone.
- Outer crease – taking this shade more on the outside of the eyes and a little into the crease
- Crease shadow- Taking this darker shade deeper into the crease and giving the eye a little more depth.
- Really on the outer end- the smallest amount of black on the end for the dimension.
- Glitter shadow- concentrating the glitter on the inner half of the eyes.
- Blend blend blend…
I hope this ones correct.
Keep Smiling Always
PS. I didn’t use any brushes for this look.